Review: Mini Island Challenge (Nintendo Switch)
Explore the four islands, each with a unique theme, and beat their challenges. Casual-friendly mechanics, straight forward gameplay, and the unique art style make the perfect, easy-to-grab entertainment.
- Decent cartoon style graphics.
- 554mb download size.
- Four islands to choose from-Red/Snow/Mini and mini Island night.
- All four islands are unlocked at the beginning.
- Joycon and dual Joycon controller support.
- Side scroller shooter gameplay.
- Boss rush style encounters.
- Upon killing a boss you get to choose a reward from the offerings and can be things like more health or defense.
- Stats change as you pick up new items.
- Dodge move that can go through enemies.
- 3D backdrop.
- Fast paced.
- Really long frequent load times.
- Tutorial is so heavy.
- No idea what’s going on.
- All boss fights play out the same.
- Feels repetitive.
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 6/106/10
- Accessibility - 6/106/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10
So the game is all about managing your stats and making sure you are stronger than what the level wants you to be, you then take these stats and face off against waves of enemies and bosses. It plays like a boss rush and a good part is the stats management but the game hides all this behind walls of text in the tutorial areas, No matter which island you play on they all feel the same and have the same tutorials. The loading time is the biggest enemy due to length and consistency. The fighting and gameplay is not bad but you just feel alienated the while time and for that the game isn’t that welcoming or rewarding.