Review: Mini-Mech Mayhem (PlayStation VR)
Mini-Mech Mayhem has a highly accessible strategy component with deeper underlying mechanics and heart-warming humor at its core.
- Amazing cartoon graphics.
- 1.58gb download size.
- Platinum trophy.
- A tutorial that is repeatable.
- Strategy gameplay.
- Table-top game board, you face off against opponents by setting 3 actions and watching it play out. The goal is to the first to collect 3 victory coins.
- Mech and avatar customization area and you can change everything and change the colors.
- Controls–ds4 or move controllers.
- Comfort settings-avatar height slider, board distance, and panel angle.
- Actions-move and shoot. Goes deeper by allowing you set direction, move length and what body part to shoot at.
- Each character has 3 hearts, once gone they respawn at their starting square.
- Rounds-once everyone puts their 3 action in the round plays the commands out.
- Frozen Synapse feels.
- Powerups/pickups on the game board.
- Earn EXP and level up to unlock new clothing options.
- Easy controls, all done via the panels and very straight forward.
- Emotes to use as well as a dance button.
- Cutesy animations and interactions.
- A lot of Replayability.
- Online play-search and host options including private invite only lobby.
- 4 player support.
- Ai difficulties-easy, normal and hard.
- Single player is just pick how many Ai to face and set the difficulty.
- No fast forward button for ai/opponent turns.
- Only the one game board.
- 1v1 is not fun and can go on for ages.
- Ai can be very sporadic with tactics.
- Can’t assign emotes or shortcuts to the buttons.
- Graphics - 9/109/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessibility - 9/109/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 9/109/10
Mini Mech Mayhem is an absolute blast of a strategy game. You and up to 3 other players (online or Ai) play on a square game board, putting in 3 actions and watching it play out round after round. First to collect 3 victory coins wins! I love the animations and overall look of every Mech, powerful editor helps everyone create their own unique Mech but also an avatar. Watching people pick moves is just fascinating, I like how all the controls are clear and using it on a panel means little explanation is needed. Aside from a possible card game, mi I Mech is a must play strategy game that is inviting and accessible to all players. I would like more boards but for what it is its so much fun! Yet another must-own psvr game.