Review: Missile Command Recharged (Mobile/Android)
Missile Command: Recharged is a re-imagining of the beloved classic with fast-paced, arcade action where players must defend their bases by blasting an endless barrage of missiles hailing from the sky.
- Slick neon graphics.
- 90.32mb download size.
- Google play achievements.
- Online leaderboards through Google play.
- Brief tutorial.
- Touchscreen controls.
- AR- scan the floor and spawn an arcade cabinet and you can fully play the game.
- Classic base defender gameplay.
- Free to play.
- Plays out in landscape mode.
- Gameplay-tap the screen to shoot missiles and stop the incoming fire.
- Hit special items for immediate effects like faster reload or smart bombs.
- Score-used as currency to buy upgrades.
- Fun to play.
- Catchy soundtrack.
- AR mode is not ideal.
- Only one mode.
- No portrait support.
- Feels flat in terms of accomplishment.
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10
Missile Command is a game that I grew up playing and enjoyed for the most part. Recharged hopes to rekindle the game and desire to play it. For me Recharged is perfectly fine, it is Missile Command but in a new neon graphic way, you can upgrade abilities and pursue the leaderboards. That’s as far as it goes and for me will be played when I am feeling nostalgic, more because it is just the one mode. The cabinet AR is such a cool idea but it requires a lot of space and decent lighting otherwise the cabinet will constantly shake and makes playing really hard. In short Missile Command Recharged is a faithful recreation of the classic game and is a good nostalgic trip.