Review: Missile Command Recharged (Steam)
Missile Command: Recharged is a re-imagining of the beloved classic with fast-paced, arcade action where players must defend their bases by blasting an endless barrage of missiles hailing from the sky.
- Slick neon graphics.
- 222mb download size.
- Steam achievements.
- Controller support.
- Online leaderboards through Steam.
- Brief tutorial.
- Classic base defender gameplay.
- Plays out in landscape mode.
- Gameplay-tap the screen to shoot missiles and stop the incoming fire.
- Hit special items for immediate effects like faster reload or smart bombs.
- Score-used as currency to buy upgrades.
- Fun to play.
- Catchy soundtrack.
- It plays really well with the mouse.
- The controller is no good as you can’t adjust the sensitivity.
- No graphics option.
- Feels flat in terms of accomplishment.
- Just a straight mobile port.
- Only one mode.
- Nothing added for the PC.
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessibility - 8/108/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10
Missile Command is a game that I grew up playing and enjoyed for the most part. Recharged hopes to rekindle the game and desire to play it. For me Recharged is perfectly fine, it is Missile Command but in a new neon graphic way, you can upgrade abilities and pursue the leaderboards. That’s as far as it goes and for me will be played when I am feeling nostalgic, more because it is just the one mode. Playing with the mouse is far superior to the overly sensitive controller. In short Missile Command Recharged is a faithful recreation of the classic game and is a good nostalgic trip.