Review: Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath (PlayStation 4)
Aftermath continues the critically acclaimed storyline in an all-new adventure. Forge a new history and experience Mortal Kombat’s first-ever major expansion.
- Gorgeous graphics.
- 7.5gb Download size.
- Separate option on the story tab.
- 3 new characters-Fujin/Sindel and Night wolf.
- 3 new skin packs.
- Story fights can have you call in support (another character in a tag team style).
- Good story about time travel and changing the outcome of the original story.
- Same seamless integration from cutscenes to fighting.
- Times during the story you get to choose your fighter.
- Claim rewards as you did before in the story.
- Hit checkpoints for when you quit out.
- Multiple endings.
- Can replay sections.
- Open-ended so more stories can be told.
- Hard to know when is a good time to quit out.
- No new trophies.
- The only replay value of the story is doing the choose a fighter section with the other fighter.
- Graphics - 9/109/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessibility - 8/108/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath picks up straight from the main game’s story. It instantly grabs you and takes you on a ride and what a ride it is. Full of deceit and honor, you play as the 3 new characters-Fujin, Sindel, and Night wolf along with Shang Tsung and take on the latest threat. I don’t want to go into story details as I believe you need to see it for yourself, it plays out like a high budget TV show with a lot of spectacles and entwining storylines, they do a good job at the end with multiple endings and does enough to tie it up but also leave it open for more stories. If this is how they will do story content then I look forward to more! Having tag-team style matches and so many new rewards it’s a worthwhile investment. Me personally I just wish it had trophies! That aside it had me gripped for the half dozen or so hours and upon finishing it I immediately went back and did the alternate ending and chose the other Fighters from encounters.