Ever wondered what a cross between Tetris and Lemmings would look like? Well, wonder no more, ’cause… MouseCraft is here! MouseCraft is an A to B puzzle game where players help mice in their relentless quest for cheese by stacking the world’s most famous blocks: Tetrominos.
- Cartoon graphics with a humorous approach to science work! Backdrops are really good, See the evil cat scientist can be seen concocting devious potions and setting up fiendish traps, In truth the cat just moves around a bit but we all like a story right.
- Gameplay can best be described as Lemmings meets Tetris. Move blocks around to help the mice get to the cheese.
- Triple buy. buy any version and get the game on PS3,PS4 and Vita.
- Cloud save to all devices.
- Full stats screen.
- Can fast forward gameplay which is helpful if you have the level set up and want the mice to hurry up.
- You can pause the game and still move blocks around.
- Control scheme is easy and is the same on all devices so you never need to re learn it.
- Opening tutorial section helps break new players in.
- Levels can be replayed at any time via the central hub.
- Collect shards in levels for a better score and unlock bonus levels.
- Make your own levels quickly and easily.
- As you progress you can unlock and use new abilities like bombs.
- Cant share levels online.
- Difficulty spikes.
- Price is a bit high, Yes you get three versions of the game but the game itself is what I balance it on.
In Summary, The game is a brilliant puzzle game, Bringing memories of Lemmings, Guide your rats through the ever increasing difficult mazes. Tetris mechanics make an entrance in the form of blocks being used to make platforms, the game is fun and is a perfect fit on the Vita especially. Puzzle fans will love the difficulty, old school gamers will like the memories of games past that it evokes. Trophy hunters will hate it due to the hardcore nature of the trophy list but oh well.