Review: Murderous Pursuits (Steam)
Murderous Pursuits is a kill-or-be-killed Victorian stealth-em-up for 1-8 players in which you must hunt and kill your quarry before your hunters do the same to you, all while avoiding witnesses.
- Nice graphics.
- 3487MB Download size.
- Steam achievements.
- Graphics options-Resolution, fullscreen, Graphic quality settings including a custom option.
- Can rebind keyboard and controller.
- Controller support.
- Eight characters.
- Stats screen.
- How to play text-based area.
- Three modes- Online, Private and Vs bots.
- Good voicework.
- Clean clear HUD.
- Murder mystery gameplay. You must take out your mark before you get taken out or caught. You can earn more favor by using particular weapons etc.
- Quarries- This is the name given to your marks and the person you are after.
- Favor- Kind of like EXP in that getting as much as you can unlock new clothes and colors.
- Loadout- Choose to take in 2 of the 5 abilities, Disguise, flash, humiliate, reveal and counter.
- Weapons are randomly placed around the level. They will show you what favor rank they are in terms of reward.
- Quarry tracker- like a compass, This will go green when you are going the right way and flashes when you are near a quarry. It will also say if your quarry is above or below you.
- Hunter- These are the guys after you, You get notifications of them being nearby and you can guess if it’s them and stun them to get away.
- Vignettes- Marked out on the floor these are interaction spots where you do a particular animation or action in order to blend in.
- Guards- Patrol the ship and will arrest you if you do anything in front of them. They can fall asleep.
- You are watching peoples patterns and picking out anything that looks out of the ordinary.
- The huge ship broke into parts taking in many areas like the engine room or the hall or pub.
- Custom game- Create your own online/LAN game by setting the map, adding bots and tweaking the favor sliders.
- A ton of fun to play.
- Is very easy to get into
- .Clever level and AI design as AI can easily act like a human and vice versa.
- Such a rewarding feeling when you get your quarry.
- Play how you want.
- The controller is not that easy to use and setup.
- Prompts are always keyboard.
- Quite long connection times to online games.
- Needs a proper playable tutorial.
- Cannot earn favor in offline modes.
- Few random glitches and clipping.
- The little payoff for leveling up.
- Had a few empty lobby joins.
- Not that fun Vs AI.
- More a game or two every now and then than a full session.
- Little mention of lore or more in-depth looks at the backstory.
- Character choices don’t feel that different.
- After just a few games you have seen everything the game has to offer.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessability - 7/107/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
Ever wanted to play a game where you have to find your target but also avoid getting taken out yourself? Yes? Well, you be in luck for here we have this fun game. Pick from the 8 colorful characters, Pick your abilities and go do some hunting. Now the game is simple enough to pick up to at least start playing, Time will uncover tactics and telltale signs that something may be afoot. I really do enjoy playing this from time to time as it’s like a really messed up game of Cluedo. I do wish it had more incentive to level up and maybe mixed up the mechanics every now and then as the game is very much a one trick pony, A good fun pony but one you know all its tricks. In short get a group of friends together and prepare to murder murder murder!