Review: N++ (PS4)
N++ is a fast-paced, action-packed puzzle platformer set in the distant future. You play as a ninja — darting through obstacles, narrowly evading a slew of inadvertently homicidal enemy robots, and collecting gold in a minimalist, sci-fi world. You know, traditional ninja stuff.
- Classic graphic style that all N+ game use.
- Three modes: Solo, Co-op and race.
- Help section with gameplay tips.
- Fast frantic puzzle platformer.
- Opening tutorial section.
- Huge in depth no options spared level creator.
- Stats screen that goes so deep into it it will tell you how many times you jumped, Hell ven how many times you pressed left or right!
- Online leaderboards with all the filters.
- Overall completition percentage.
- Browse community levels with filters like: Best, featured,top weekly, newest and hardest. All can be played in race,solo or co op modes.
- Options allow you to change things explosion types, Blood colour, have it change colours after each level and so much more.
- Change the colour them of a level from the main screen. You start with a few then unlock many more themes like retro or futuristic.
- Change song from main menu.
- Banging soundtrack with some brilliant techno drum and bass.
- Simple solid controls. All you need to do is learn the jump mechanic and move. Holding the jump button increases height whilst quick taps allow better hovering techniques.
- Save replays of your runs.
- Every level is timed, Collect gold dots to add +2 seconds onto the timer.
- A game where momentum is every bit as precious as timed jumps are.
- Over 1000 levels in the game!
- Your replays will show in the background on the main menu.
- You can follow/favourite and search specific authors work.
- Full Platinum trophy.
- No real player customization options.
- No online play.
- You don’t like ninjas.
- Your co op partner is crap.
- Game view is too far out in single player.
- Difficulty spikes.
N++ is a top quality old school game. It is however a game that will punish you at every turn! Yeah sure it will lull you in with easy levels to ace but then it throws in a devious pad smashingly solid level ruining your perfect run. It keeps it roots firmly in place from the 360 version of a few years ago, Only step back is the lack of online co op and races. Ignore that though as this game is just brilliant fun. It can having you screaming for joy one second, Then leave you a crying mess the very next second. You get so much content that will take hours then add another 30 hours for collecting all gold, Then add in the extensive level editor. What you have here is so much content you will never worry about running out again! In short, Old school has gone next gen. N++ can kick your ass all over again!