Review: Never Give Up (Nintendo Switch)
When the going gets tough, the tough don’t quit! From the creators of the brutal and beloved web series enjoyed by millions of players worldwide, comes another installment of hardcore, skill-intensive platforming.
- Cutesy cartoon graphics.
- 1.2gb download size.
- 3 save slots.
- Splatformer gameplay.
- Accessibility options-infinite jumps, animated backgrounds, rumble, screen shake, scarf length.
- Joycon and pro controller support.
- Graphics-contrast and shaders.
- Two difficulties-easy and hard.
- Blood map-on/off.
- 21 outfits to unlock.
- Play the same level a handful of times with each run adding more level/danger.
- Coins-collect to unlock costumes.
- Give up button.
- Quick restarts.
- Hilarious voice overs.
- Actions-slide, jump and wall jump.
- Hidden routes and rooms.
- Tight enjoyable level design.
- 6 areas with each one having a progress bar.
- Each level has 4 rewards.
- Boss fights.
- Online leaderboards.
- Generous checkpoints.
- No actual tutorial.
- No way to skip levels.
- No touchscreen support.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 9/109/10
Everybody loves a good Splatformer, not since Super Meat Boy have I sworn so much at a game, I mean it’s a tough game but it’s a weird game as it keeps you coming back. I loved the humor that is throughout and top-notch, the levels are so well designed and you want to beat the level just to see what they add in the next one, the controls have just as much care taken as the level design and make for a very enjoyable game. The costumes whilst pure novelty, do add that extra dose of Replayability. In short, it’s a fantastically brutal platformer that will have you fist-pumping the air just as much as you swear the house down.