Review: Nickelodeon Kart Racers (PlayStation 4)
Hit the road with racers from some of your favorite Nickelodeon series in a variety of Slime-filled tracks in the ultimate race to win cups and upgrades for your Kart.
- Chunky graphics.
- 533.7MB Download size.
- Singleplayer- Grand Prix, Free race and time attack.
- Grand Prix- Team or solo, 3 game speeds= Beginner, Regular and expert, Six initial cups with a further 3 to unlock. Each cup has 4 races within them.
- 12 Characters- Spongebob, Patrick, Sandy, Tommy, Angelica, Reptar, Helga, Arnold, Mikey, Donnie, Raphael, and Leonardo.
- Controls- Drift (easy or normal), Tilt (on/off) and auto accelerate.
- Kart racing gameplay.
- Platinum trophy.
- Earn EXP, Level up and earn random unlocks.
- 16 tracks with tracks from each cartoons locations.
- Local multiplayer- 2-4 players= Grand Prix, Free race and battle arena. Full split-screen.
- Customize car- Tyres, Engine, Spoilers, Jetski and paint jobs. Affects stats.
- Optional tutorial pop up.
- Collect coins in game to buy new parts for your car.
- Victory lap- At the end of a Grand Prix, You get a timed run around the course where you collect as many chests as possible. Each chest has a random item in them or coins.
- Battle arena- Free for all, Capture the flag and tag. Eight arenas.
- Slime- Drive over this to fill your boost bar.
- Simple easy to get trophy list.
- 2 controller layouts.
- Pickups are varied and the themes of them are taken from the different cartoons.
- Annoying menu music.
- No quick way to check driver stats.
- No voicework at all.
- Very basic track design.
- Forgettable soundtrack.
- Crazy AI.
- No online play.
- No leaderboards.
- EXP is slow to earn.
- Simple trophies.
- Level themes are not as strong as they could be.
- No Squidward.
- Spelling mistake on controls, Says break instead of the brake.
- No camera controls or alternate views.
- Sluggish controls.
- Can only fire behind.
- Looking at the control layouts actually changes them without you knowing.
- Graphics - 6/106/10
- Sound - 4/104/10
- Accessability - 6/106/10
- Length - 6/106/10
- Fun Factor - 6/106/10
Not fun to play, I wanted this to be good and it had all the ingredients especially with the Nickolodean license. But the levels are bland and have just a few telltale buildings to say its so and so from a such and such cartoon. There is no voice work at all! I mean come on how can this even happen! Ok so without being too rough on the game, It is probably meant more for the kids in the house but even then I can see them not getting on with it. Controls are sluggish, Motion controls really don’t work and the levels are just uninspiring, That and online play as never been more popular and here we have offline only but whatever. In short, its got a good name but the rest pretty much folds under the pressure.