Review: Nidhogg 2 (Xbox One)
The rules are simple. Reach the other side and kill anyone that stands in your way. Deftly parry and rend their throats, riddle their bowels with arrows, or squish their brains between your toes. The wurm cares not for chivalry.
- vibrant graphics.
- 743.7MB Download size.
- Same classic swordplay from Nidhogg 1. If you are new, You can sword fight with your opponent by doing high and low attacks, Possible to disarm your opponent or just impale em.
- Feels more polished and fluid.
- Can use analog or d-pad.
- Extra xbox exclusive levels.
- New weapons from different sword types to bow and arrows. You get a different weapon every spawn.
- Crazy detailed levels from dance floors to caves to labs and volcanoes.
- Three modes- Arcade, Local and online.
- Arcade- Complete a dozen or so levels against AI, Travel around a world map.
- Online leaderboard support.
- Local play- Quickplay or tournament with custom settings.
- The 2D side-scrolling fighting game, Down your opponent and run to your side to progress. Think of it as a deadly pixel blood-soaked tug o war.
- Headstomp is back!
- Very bass pumping soundtrack.
- Online- Ranked or unranked.
- Aside from weapons you can jump and punch enemies.
- A ton of replayability.
- Easy to learn hard to master.
- So much fun to play.
- Quitting arcade doesn’t save.
- Little changes gameplay wise from the first game.
- AI can either be cheap or ridiculously hard.
- Very content light for the single player.
- A couple of levels have dubious layouts causing issues for fluid play.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 9/109/10
- Accessability - 9/109/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
Building on the lasts game formula, You can expect better graphics (subject to choice), Awesome levels and a selection of new weapons like the bow and arrow that open up a whole new way of playing. Now for the downer stuff, It is still, in essence, the same game with very light content for the single player. This game is meant to be played local and online. You can still have fun in single player but it is one mode. That aside the game is still so much fun and one that will get played over and over. Its a must buy!