Review: Ninjin: Clash of Carrots (PlayStation 4)
Ninjin: Clash of Carrots is an anime-inspired beat-em-up with varied enemies and deep customization. Play as the rabbit Ninjin, or Akai, the ninja fox, and fight to retrieve the carrots stolen by Shogun Moe! Redeem carrots for weapons, upgrades and more.
- Cutesy pixel graphics.
- 223.6MB Download size.
- Three save slots.
- Two default characters- Ninjin and Akai.
- Two players local/online multiplayer support.
- Platinum trophy.
- Graphics filter- Normal or smooth.
- Opening tutorial level.
- World map level select.
- Stats area.
- Gameplay- You and enemies are constantly running on a four-laned battlefield. You can move across lanes whenever and move sideways. You need to take out all enemies and survive.
- End of level performance showing things like accuracy, damage, time and enemies defeated.
- Treasure chests- Random drops from enemies that contain random loot.
- Carrots- Collect from enemies and is used as game currency.
- Loadout- Main weapon and projectile slot. Stone and 3 artifact slots and these add buffs and abilities to your character like extra health or earn more carrots from enemies.
- Combo counter.
- Shop- Randomises its wares after every level completion.
- Very addictive.
- Has the loot lust.
- Can replay levels.
- Oni TV Show- an Endless mode where you start with basic weapons then every 3 levels you get to pick a new weapon from 3 choices. Every 10 levels you get rare loot unlocks. This mode can be played whenever and in co-op both online and offline.
- Boss battles at the end of every level.
- High replayability.
- The Co-op is a lot of fun.
- Over 100 weapons to collect.
- Whacky weapons to find like giant carrot swords and broken katanas.
- Each weapon has its own stats and effects like long range swipes or melee etc.
- A slight learning curve for how the game plays.
- Very RNG dependent and no drops can really slow down progression.
- Co-op can have issues like if one dies then its game over for both.
- Few slowdown issues in places.
- Can be hard to judge hits sometimes.
- You get a new enemy splash screen which ok is only for the first time you encounter them but it does happen a lot in the first hour.
- Managing weapons as in comparing stats can be a pain.
- Graphics - 9/109/10
- Sound - 9/109/10
- Accessability - 8/108/10
- Length - 9/109/10
- Fun Factor - 9/109/10
A game that manages to marry a few genres together in a package that is both fun and engaging. Ninjin is a game that will have you stressing at the start until you get used to the flow of the game but will reward you with a game that can easily take over your gaming life. Loot is so rare that when it does drop its an event within itself and boss fights are tough so it always has way more life. The addition of both off and online co-op is excellent fun but I didn’t appreciate the fact that you couldn’t revive your teammate and it all became a little annoying. Ok, so Ninjin clash of carrots is basically one of those games that you play solo or with a friend and kill a few hours, Grabbing the loot and engaging in some seriously fast-paced combat. I thoroughly enjoyed the game and encourage you to at least watch a few videos as it does look like something you have played before but it has so many layers and fun.