Review: Old School Racer 2 (Nintendo Switch)
Dirt bike fans welcome to the world of Old School Racer, race through a 2D retro world, across 60 unique and amazing levels with twists and turns everywhere.
- Decent graphics.
- 191MB Download size.
- Opening tutorial stage.
- Trials like gameplay.
- Morphing- You can morph the level and sometimes the level morphs on its own opening up new areas and routes.
- Each level has 3 tokens and you collect them to unlock new bikes, upgrades and new events and tournaments.
- Medals awarded on a Bronze/Silver and Gold rewards based on the time taken in a level.
- Old School Racer 2 has a strong physics engine.
- Can replay levels.
- Instant restart levels.
- Autosaves regularly.
- A handful of new bikes, Each with unique stats.
- Unlock bikes by taking part in a championship and win it.
- Ghosts appear of opponents and best/current best times.
- Tons of replayability.
- Well thought out level design.
- Fun to play.
- Easy to learn.
- Fast loading times.
- Old School Racer 2 has 60 Levels to unlock.
- No leaderboards.
- At times the physics can go a bit crazy.
- Sensitive controls.
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessability - 8/108/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
Old school racer 2 is a game that takes a lot of inspiration from the Trials games. You race against the clock and nav9igate the courses. The game changer here is you can morph parts of the level or it will move itself! This allows more replayability as new routes open up. It doesn’t have a score mechanic at its core, You can flip the bike and do basic things but the game doesn’t excel at stunts. It does, however, maintain the brutality of Trials. The game starts you off nicely then you get a few upgrades and bikes then BAM levels get tough, This is actually when it excels and the true challenge begins. Old school racer 2 is a solid fun game and well worth a look.