OlliOlli is a 2d skateboarding game that mixes addictive one-life gameplay with over 120 tricks and grinds with 100 deviously crafted levels & 250 challenges across four gameplay modes. OlliOlli rewards the most skilful and riskiest of players, always tempting you to go for that massive 360 Inward Heelflip and ludicrous chain of combos. Leaving you to time your landing to perfection – or risk losing your score!
- Great graphics with some silky smooth animations.
- Controls are really easy to learn. Left stick is used for doing tricks and jumping. Grinding is automatic and can be halted by jumping off. The left shoulder button is used for spinning whilst airborne with the right shoulder button used for grind variations. The one key button used is the X button as that is the one you press just before you land and is solely responsible for the outcome of your score. Press it too early and you get a sloppy land and lose all your points, Whilst a perfect timing press will give you a green glow to confirm you nailed it and get all your points.
- When you mess up you can instantly restart and insta loads the level. Yes insta is a new word I like to use.
- Tutorial section where you can go when ever you like to learn how the game plays, Brush up on technique and generally get to grips with the game.
- Music is good while the sound effects shine through.
- The game has a distance meter that you may have seen in other games like Jetpack Joyride, It doesn’t really serve a huge purpose but does give you a sense of how far in the level you are.
- Always available to you is the Tricktionary, Your bible that displays all the move in the game with a description of how to pull of the given move.
- Visible on screen combo counter and move performed.
- Daily grind is, If you cannot guess, your daily event. Allowing you infinite practice runs, you only get one proper shot at setting a high score. At the end of your run you can see your ranking score.
- When finishing a level you get a score and a best combo score and a brief look at your standings on the leaderboards.
- Levels are split up into 5 areas with all 5 having their own 5 levels. Merely finishing a level (no easy feat) will unlock the next level and a spot. A spot is basically the daily grind but with the daily part taken out. Every level has 5 tasks ala Tony Hawks like score x amount of points or collect every spray can etc. Finish all 5 and you unlock a pro version of the level. Pro is harder and faster and again gives you 5 more tasks. Finishing these unlocks RAD levels which notch the difficulty up to insane levels. All levels and spots have leaderboard descriptions at the end.
- Proper twitch crazy, level learning,fist pumping,lightening fast gameplay.
- You get only one shot at level just like in the spot sections. Face plant and the dream run is over, miss a jump and the dream run is over. Annoying you may think but any points banked before your epic fail is saved which is amazing! Be a pro but be careful.
- Almost criminal that a game as awesome as this has no proper leaderboard sections. It could be a proper killer score chasing, friend beating, gloating addition.
- You will blame your thumb for being crap a lot of the time but every now and then it will be the left sticks fault for not every move registers 100% of the time. Happened to me a few times but im still convinced *looks at thumb with disgust*its my fault.
In Summary, Own a Vita? Then you must own this game. Looks and plays so well its not even funny. The satisfaction you get when you get a perfect run, even just re acting to grinds and jumps is a fist pumping, swear word creating feat. Yes you will get angry but by the time you actually engage that emotion, The game has already restarted and your back in the zen. Learn levels, learn the moves and push the limit. This game will eat you up if you play it slow and steady, This is a live fast die loads kind of game.Minus the leaderboard issue, It oozes pure fun and excitement. Its twitch gaming at its best! I would also like to take this moment to apologize to my cat, For he took the brunt of my smack talk and finger gestures. I know I was sat in his seat and making a lot of noise but its this game, It made me do it and looking back it was wrong. Still funny as hell but wrong.