Review: Onrush (PlayStation 4)
ONRUSH heralds the return of all-action, gravity-defying, arcade racing. A celebration of sensational speed, outright fun and over the top spectacle ONRUSH is a racing game where you are always in the heart of the action. It’s all about style, flair and the feeling of performing incredible takedowns. Racing on the edge of control and risking everything to take the victory for your team.
- Stunning graphics.
- 14.37GB Download size.
- Starting tutorial.
- Platinum trophy.
- 12 characters to choose from you can customize their outfit, celebration and look at their tricks all with unlocked content you get from playing.
- Eight vehicles- Cars, Buggies Bikes and trucks, Each one can again be customized with unlocks and here you have 64 paint designs for each vehicle.
- Crashtag- This is your player card. Unlock new ones.
- Stats pages for you and your friends.
- Tips and tricks videos.
- Can rebind controls.
- Game- Prioritise framrate or resolution option.
- Invert axis option.
- Daily challenges.
- Three gear ratings- Common, Rare and Epic.
- Four game modes- Superstar, Quickplay, Ranked and Custom.
- Superstar- Career, Earn stars to unlock new events and gear. Has in-engine cutscenes, Six championships.
- Intro vids for every vehicle and game type. Can be skipped.
- Arcade team-based racer gameplay.
- Photo mode- Standard/advanced option. Options are aperture, focus distance, shutter speed, exposure, filters, grain, logo, dirt and more.
- Instant match stats button pop up on the sides.
- Medals and score pop up on the screen as you play.
- Earn credits to buy items from the menu.
- Earn EXP, Level up and get a gear crate.
- Gear crate- Uses in-game cash, Get 3 random pieces of gear and a cool opening animation.
- Decent soundtrack with most genres covered and a few well-known bangers.
- Summer feeling mostly due to all the color.
- Fast loading time.
- Characters and commentator do call outs on the action and shoot burns and insults.
- Online is fast and easy to get into and play.
- Autosaves regularly.
- Really good track design, A lot of jumps, Multiple routes.
- Stunning locations from beaches to jungles to snow to bridges.
- So much fun to play.
- Loads upon loads of unlocks.
- Really good arcade racer.
- Controls are tight and responsive.
- SAtampede- A feature where once you get taken out, You respawn back into the action so you never get left behind.
- Boost- Earn boost by smashing into the smaller grunt cars and performing jumps and takedowns on enemy cars.
- Special ability is built up (depending on the car as each one is different) and then you can unleash it and again each one is different from dropping walls behind you to adding shields to teammates.
- Many game types like straight up score as many points sain around as possible or a timed one where you need to drive through gates to build up time.
- Races are played over a set amount of rounds, Each round will kick straight in so no stop-start stuff here.
- Makes you smile.
- Has Motorstorm vibes.
- Vehicles are all unique and can take out certain cars more easily than others.
- Respawn is a pain as you have to watch a replay and then you wait 5 seconds.
- Quickplay has zero options like filters.
- Ranked not available yet.
- Nothing for duplicate items from gear crates it seems.
- No music tracklist control.
- Some dodgy AI at times.
- Still has the problem of if you go too far off the beaten track you struggle to get the boost and fall behind.
- Graphics - 9/109/10
- Accessabilty - 9/109/10
- Length - 9/109/10
- Accessability - 9/109/10
- Fun Factor - 10/1010/10
Arcade racing is finally back and better than ever! If you always fancied playing a team-based racer, You are in for some serious fun, The game is just so smile inducing its crazy. The controls are tight, The music is banging and the locations are off the hook. I don’t know what I can say really other than its a pure arcade racer and does it to best of its abilities, Sure I would like to see a few tweaks here and there but for a goto quick session, This nails it. And with the Sun showing itself more and more mixed with the bright locations and colors of Onrush, You could say summer has officially arrived!