Review: Othercide (Steam)
As Humanity’s last hope, lead your army to combat in an intricate dance of spectacular actions and counters, using an original Dynamic Timeline System, and face fearsome bosses in epic battles.
- Decent black and white colour schemes with injections of red graphics.
- Download size.
- Steam achievements.
- Controller support.
- Graphics-fullscreen, resolution, v-sync, texture/shadow/global quality, reflections and anti aliasing.
- Colourblind support.
- Game settings-faster gameplay, double the subtitle font size, skip cutscenes and what to highlight choices.
- 3 save slots.
- Strategy gameplay.
- Timeline-shows who’s go and the turn order.
- X-Com style to it all.
- Initial tutorial level with pop ups.
- Hauntingly beautiful soundtrack.
- Camera will zoom in and out as needed which always includes up close melee attack views.
- Small text.
- A lot to take in and learn at first.
- Very dark in places.
- Initial learning curve.
- Difficulty spikes.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessibility - 8/108/10
- Length - 9/109/10
- Fun Factor - 9/109/10