Review: Panty Party (Nintendo Switch)
Panty Party is a fast-paced battle game. Fly as a panty in the street and in-between buildings. Search for the enemy panties and kick their butt!
- Anime like graphics.
- 1.1gb download size.
- 3rd person (panties) shooter gameplay.
- 3 difficulties-easy, normal and hard.
- 3 modes- story, arcade and multiplayer.
- Dialogue can be set to manual or auto scroll.
- Japanese voices.
- Tutorial level.
- You play as a pair of pants and must destroy all pairs of pants.
- 17 pairs of pants to unlock, each pair has its own attacks/buffs/abilities.
- The story mode is 20 episodes (levels) long and you unlock new pants as you play.
- Cool locations with minimal environmental damage possible.
- End of a level breakdown showing score/time/injury points/attack points.
- Hud has a mini-map and a set of icons showing what attacks are charged.
- Multiplayer–local only and supports 4 players. You can set human and Ai count along with time.
- Arcade mode takes place on a tournament style table, you pick a route and face off against a random opponent.
- Levels consist of an initial wave of pants then the boss pants show up with minions. You win by taking out the boss.
- Happy bouncy soundtrack.
- Auto guard-happens when you or the enemy hit the floor.
- Lock on is brief (not sorry).
- No touchscreen.
- Only one control scheme.
- No real lock on, you have to stay facing the enemy to keep it locked on.
- Hard to dodge due to small bullets but also an overzealous dodge button.
- Very basic shooter.
- No power-ups.
- The level goal is the same level after level.
- No online multiplayer.
- Not a game you play on public transport or talk about.
- Your health/lives are not shown.
- Only a couple of locations.
- Auto guard sucks mostly due to how long players stay grounded.
- Plays more like a button masher.
- Unrewarding modes.
- Arcade modes reward you with what I think is an ending? I mean all the ones I did land up with a short dialogue about what I did in class today? Not really an ending more a status update I guess.
- Only 4 players total in mp which includes Ai.
- Took under 2 hours to unlock everything.
- No replay value.
- Forgettable story.
- Graphics - 6/106/10
- Sound - 6/106/10
- Accessibility - 5/105/10
- Length - 4/104/10
- Fun Factor - 3/103/10
Panty wars, that’s a combination of words I didn’t think I would write in a video game review! I mean what can I say? It’s a very basic bare bones shooter of sorts, you get a melee attack and that does play and deal damage better but still. You face off against a group of pants then kill the boss. Do that for a few hours and you are done. Arcade mode feels absolutely pointless, status update/ending whatever your thoughts, you won’t care. Locations look cool and you can in essence fly so verticality is a thing but with only a few levels even that gets tired out. I’m not sure what the game was going for but with one play style repeated until you cry and a very small mp section, Panty Party is a game you don’t actually want to play. I mean you can, but then why? In short Panty Party was a generic uninteresting shooter that overstayed its welcome.