Review: Penny Punching Princess (PlayStation Vita)
Penny-Punching Princess is an isometric brawler that takes place in a world ruled by capitalism, where cash is king. Fight or bribe your way to reclaiming your kingdom from the greedy Dragoloans.
- Modern pixelated graphics.
- 932MB Download size.
- Japanese voice option.
- PSTV support.
- Options- Message speed, Skip events, Set controls to button or touchscreen.
- Full Platinum trophy.
- Opening and ongoing tutorial support.
- Plays as a brawler type game with dungeon crawler elements.
- Fast loading screens.
- The game revolves around money that is used for bribing enemies, Using a calculator you can bribe enemies or structures and then use them as your special ability but also add the captured thing to your castle.
- Calculator- Used to bribe enemies and you can manually type in the required gold (icon pops showing cost) or you can use auto to speed it up as it locks on.
- Attacks- You punch, and have magic attacks as well as a special ability that depends on who you bribed previously.
- Treasure chests littered around.
- Each encounter yields a rank that goes towards the chapters overall rank/score.
- Zenigami Statues- Find them in chests and these randomly unlock blueprints of armor weapons or other statutes that can add upgrade points.
- Can replay levels as many times as you like.
- Craft armor for better stats and add new abilities and buffs.
- Enemies are so important to advancing in the game, They are used to build up your castle by becoming citizens, They get bribed and become your special ability and they are used for crafting items.
- Skill point bonuses for citizen population.
- Upon death, you can choose to start again or go back.
- One life or its start again from the level start.
- BREAK! Get enemy health to a mark on their bar and they enter break status, When in this state rotate the right stick as fast as possible to drain bonus coins out of them.
- Stats- Earn/craft upgrade points with the point amount increasing each time. You have a point reset option.
- lIMITLESS REPLAYABILITY.
- big boss sections.
- Dodge button.
- Tight compact level design.
- Fast loading times.
- A run can take around five minutes or less.
- So much customization.
- Progression is very deep yet rewarding.
- The whole game package is surprising as it slowly reveals itself to you.
- Nice soundtrack.
- A lot to take in.
- Doesn’t do an amazing job of explaining all the mechanics and options available to you.
- The slow pace in terms of progression.
- You have to dedicate a lot of time and patience to unlock and see its full potential.
- Grind heavy.
- No online interactions.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessability - 7/107/10
- Length - 9/109/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
Penny Punching Princess is a game that will surprise you in regards to how much depth and replayability it has. I found it to be a strong dungeon crawler but also have an almost Pokemon feel to it as you collect the enemies to craft and fill your kingdom. I just hate how long it takes to get going, How much grinding is initially needed to start the game off and how bad the game is at explaining everything. Once you plow through it or work it all out you really do get a good decent game that will be destroying your free time and taking over your life, It really does have an itch that needs to be constantly scratched. In short, this game will surprise you in how good it is.