Review: Pharmakon (Steam)
Use your drone to lead tactical combat against elemental beasts infesting your faction. Assess the risks, coordinate attacks, optimize your equipment and become the agent who will put an end to the infestation!
- Nice graphics.
- Tutorial area.
- 377MB Download size.
- Puzzle gameplay.
- You have this panel that you feel with pieces. Each piece has an element wihich does that elemental damage. Obviously the more you add or the more element types you put in, The better.
- Attack enemies-You can choose 4 different sides to choose from.
- Simple one click mouse control.
- Decent sci fi sounding ost.
- When enemies attack they can blow up your pieces or block parts of your panel which then require a certain element to be used to clear it.
- You can break down your own pieces to generate elemental resources.
- Data bars- Fill them up by playing the game, These are used to power up your upgrade tree available at the end of a level.
- Stat tree, Choose an element and the bar will go across the tree and trigger many abilities at once. On the flip side, Some elements dont like to be crossed over so you may get less abilities.
- Feels like a combat jigsaw game.
- Loose story.
- Steam achievements.
- Die and you get a game over screen but can restart from the last checkpoint.
- Clever easy to learn game.
- Enemeis have weakness to certain elements.
- Can swap pieces in and out at will.
- No graphic options.
- Game over is actually helpful as you get to respawn with better pieces.
- Checkpoints are very far apart.
- Difficulty spikes.
- Bland looking environments.
- Short game like 5-7 hours.
- Little variety.
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessability - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10
- Length - 7/107/10
A very clever game style that is easy to learn and fun to play. Its just the game has so little variety and randomness that actually feeling confident is a nice to have. I mean like I say, It is a decent game but it is very short and is unique in that dying is actually a bonus as you always come back stronger. The skill tree stuff is not the easiest to get to grips with but if you just ignore it and get you jigsaw skill on then you will have a good if not limited experience.In short it has a few flaws but it is a good time waster.