Review: Pikuniku (Steam)
Pikuniku is an absurdly wonderful puzzle-exploration game that takes place in a strange but playful world where not everything is as happy as it seems. Help peculiar characters overcome struggles, uncover a deep state conspiracy, and start a fun little revolution in this delightful dystopian adventure!
- Bright colorful graphics.
- Graphics options- Resolution, Fullscreen, AA and v-sync.
- Full controller support.
- 291MB Download size.
- Bouncy happy soundtrack.
- Puzzle platformer gameplay.
- Brief tutorial.
- Steam achievements.
- Collectibles- Trophies that look a lot like Amiibo.
- Optional side quests.
- Autosaves regularly.
- Co-op mode. Has its own 9 levels and the split-screen is like in LEGO games with a dynamic split allowing players to split up.
- Fast loading times.
- Fun mini-games.
- Hats- Found/bought and give new powers that aid story progression.
- Two players mini-game.
- Coins can be collected in the world and are used in shops.
- Actions- Kick, Jump, Hat ability and turn into a ball.
- Strong physics game.
- Pikuniku is so fun to play.
- Has a Katamari feel to it, Not just the art but also the overall atmosphere.
- The story whilst common, Is told in a wild and whacky way.
- Can freely move around.
- Good steady progression.
- Physics can go a bit crazy at a time.
- Short playthrough.
- Pikuniku has little replay value.
- Annoying encounters especially boss battles.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessability - 8/108/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
Pikuniku is absurd and whacky and fun. I could swear it was set within the Katamari universe (it is not). It is such a happy game despite all the pain and anguish the residents are going through. You must solve puzzles, Collect things and find them hats. Hats give you new abilities and changes how the game plays. Outside of the main story, you can take on optional side quests. The interactions with the residents of the world are fun and whacky. Its just a fun game to play and despite being more of a one-time thing, Its such an enjoyable game.