Review: Pipe Push Paradise (Nintendo Switch)
You’ve arrived on a lonely island faced with a hero’s calling. Rise to the occasion (push pipes around) and restore this paradise to its former glory.
- Charming hand drawn graphics.
- 380MB Download size.
- Three save slots.
- Brief tutorial pop-ups.
- Puzzle gameplay.
- Simple controls.
- Can quickly and easily reset puzzles.
- Goal- Move pipes around to finish the level. Usually, you connect the start to the end.
- Play on a grid and you can move freely about.
- Can rotate and move pipes.
- 47 puzzles.
- Four difficulties- Easy, Medium, Hard and expert.
- Easy to pick up.
- Excellent portable game.
- No touchscreen support.
- Only one layout.
- Sensitive movement.
- Analog is really hard to use.
- A couple of instances of the weird part moving animations.
- Little replayability.
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- accessability - 8/108/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10
Pipe Push Paradise is a game that looks and plays very basic but manages to grab you thanks to clever puzzle design. I really enjoyed how you interact with the puzzles and the satisfaction you get from solving a particular puzzle is where it all works. Thing is the game soon feels samey, Yes new parts are added but the core experience remains largely unchanged, The controls are not the best and skipping touchscreen inputs seems a bit weird but overall the game is decent for a quick mental workout but is very much a one and done affair.