Review: Pirates Outlaws (Android)
Play cards, build your deck to get the best combos! In Pirates Outlaws pick a character with a pre-made deck. Explore and manage your expedition to get more gold and reputation. Manage your deck and ammo to defeat enemies strategy, in a turn-based system.
- Pirates Outlaws features a minimalistic graphics style.
- 92.59MB Download size.
- Opening tutorial.
- Plays in landscape mode.
- Pirates Outlaws is a card battler.
- Simple drag and drop control scheme.
- So easy to learn and play.
- Levels randomize every run.
- Roguelike, one life then a new run.
- Branching world map, you choose your route on the webbed layout of the world. You can tap the choices to see what type of event is awaiting you.
- AP- action points that go down by the amount it takes to reach a destination.
- Different types of events- shop, battles, random events.
- Ammo- determines what cards you can play. Kind of works like action points in a way.
- Boss battles.
- After a win, you choose one from three rewards.
- End of trip (run) breakdown and any rewards are given.
- Pirates Outlaws features six heroes and each has unique stats, abilities and starting deck. Gunner, Sword Master, Explorer, Cursed Captain, Alchemist, Admiral.
- Three worlds- pirates Bay, skulls Island, souls rift.
- Pirates Outlaws has its own own in-game achievements.
- Fast loading.
- Short events making it perfect to play on commutes.
- Can upgrade/buy/remove cards from your deck.
- Permanent and limited use of items and unlocks.
- Tons of replayability.
- Tap a card or icon to show pop up info.
- No Google play integration.
- Doesn’t always register clicks.
- Sometimes doesn’t load battles and instead plays the battle but whilst on the map.
- RNG dependant.
- Expensive/time consuming to unlock extra content like worlds and characters.
- Has a heavy reliance on in-app purchases.
- Tutorial misses key info.
- No customization.
- Bare all options and settings.
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessability - 7/107/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
Pirates Outlaw is a really easy card battler to learn. Using a simple drag a card onto an enemy to attack method, you can easily get up and running. The world’s randomizing effect will keep you coming back but the reliance and high cost for in-app purchases put me off. I plowed a lot of hours in but still came nowhere close to a new character or world and the original world does start to repeat. Its a shame in an otherwise fun game to play. As it is now I can say its a nice time waster but not one you will religiously come back to unless you want to pump money in.