Review: Play With Me (Steam)
See how a game created by the very Jigsaw would look like! Use the available objects, outwit tricky illusions and optical puzzles and above all, answer the question – will you dare to Play with Me?
- Nice hand-drawn graphics.
- Controller support.
- 434MB Download size.
- Graphics options- Limit FPS, Smoothing, Lighting, and fog.
- The menu is fully editable- Font size, menu color, black bars.
- Three difficulties- Easy, Normal and torture of the mind.
- Extras menu- Replay mini-games, Look at collectibles.
- Full voice work.
- Tips button.
- Point and click gameplay.
- Heavy influence from the Saw films.
- Plays best with mouse and keyboard.
- Save when you want.
- Ooozes a tense atmosphere.
- Well presented.
- Looking at other people playing it, It seems very much so that puzzles either randomize or are fully difficulty dependent.
- Easy to pick up and play.
- Solve riddles and puzzles to escape the rooms.
- Solid puzzle game.
- Cannot use just a controller, You need a mouse for some menu.
- Annoying pop SFX goes off and ruins it.
- Tips are nigh on complete trash with just a basic hint.
- No steam achievements.
- The controller doesn’t work that well, it’s slow and clumsy.
- One and done. Little replayability unless you want more of a challenge.
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 6/106/10
- Accessability - 7/107/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 6/106/10
The theme immediately hits you, this is Saw and it runs the full course, you need to escape rooms by solving puzzles and riddles. Its clever and the music is really good. I just found that once you beat it once, You really don’t need to play it again. I suggest using a mouse and keyboard and this is a game that is best played by puzzle/riddle fans. Anyone else will get some fun but it does have a few bugs and the puzzles do seem a bit off but apart from that, it’s just ok.