Review: Pocket Mortys (Android)
Join Ricks throughout the multiverse as they get swept up in the latest craze: Morty training! There are over 70 bizarre Mortys to recruit and train out there, including Mustache Morty, Wizard Morty, Cronenberg Morty and more. Assemble a dream team, then challenge rival Ricks by forcing your grandsons to battle each other. Command, combine and level up your Mortys to prove that you’re the greatest Morty trainer of all space and time!
- Brilliant cartoon graphics.
- Music from the show including original voices for the characters.
- Pokemon style game play. Collect, Fight and train your own Mortys.
- Craft: Collect/earn items to craft new items. Discover and create recipes for more powerful items. You can discover recipes yourself by randomly combining items. You can share recipes via social media or email.
- Coupons: Earn/Buy coupons and exchange them for new Mortys and items from the capsule machines.
- Sign posts littered around with hints and tips on them.
- Basic opening tutorial.
- Controls: On screen d-pad and A button.
- Googleplay Achievements.
- Cloud save function.
- Combat is turn based.
- Party: You can have 4 additional members.
- Central hub containing the day care, Health centre and more.
- Morty day care: Here you can store additional Mortys. You can combine multiples of the same Morty to make a stronger one.
- Health Centre: Roll up to here and refill all your health at no cost.
- Combat bar: You have three types of orders: Attack, Offensive and Defensive buff. Each have there own AP counter which is what decreases as you cast moves.
- Earn EXP and level up. Earn new orders.
- Badges: Earn them by defeating portal Ricks or the Councillor Ricks.
- Level area: Portal into a random level. Three missions are available: Kill all trainers, Find collectibles and Kill portal Rick.The first two are optional.
- No game over. If you do die then you will simply be transported back to the health centre within the hub.
- Morty Pad: In essence this is your UI. Here you can buy items, check stats/achievements and do party management and check quest logs.
- Morty manipulator: Used to capture wild Mortys. First you engange a Morty and fight him and at some point you use this and it triggers a short “did you capture it?” sequence.
- Morty deck: Shows all encountered Mortys.
- 82 Mortys to find and collect.
- Simple fun to play game.
- Maintains the humour and atmosphere of the show.
- Repetitive game play. Go to an area, Kill things and come back.
- Difficulty spikes.
- Battery killer for your mobile.
- No online battling.
- Possible to get stuck, No cash or AP and no choice but to et a game over scenario.
- Luck plays a huge part. Attacks can easily miss and AI can easily destroy you.