Review: Poochy & Yoshi’s Woolly World (3DS)
Trouble is looming on Craft Island! On their island paradise, located in the middle of Handmade Ocean, the Yoshi clan is enjoying yet another day of relaxation and fun…until that naughty knitwit Kamek shows up on the scene!
- Cutesy graphics. Looks just as good as the Wii U version.
- Full 3D implementation.
- Download size-7820 Blocks.
- Three save slots.
- 2 Control lay outs.
- Control settings- Set throw style-Patient, Hasty or Tilt.
- Opening and ongoing tutorial.
- Yoshi creator. You can design,save and name your own Yoshi creations.
- Amiibo support for Poochy and Yarn Yoshi.
- Spotpass support-Send/receive Yoshi creations.
- Yoshi theatre- Watch shorts and answer question to earn bonus gems. Videos change daily.
- Poochy hut-Unlock and play free runner levels and earn bonus stars and gems.
- Scrapbook-Look up encountered enemies, Listen to any unlock music.
- Central hub where you can choose levels, Visit the huts or play Poochy mini game.
- Two game modes-Classic or mellow. Mellow makes the game a lot easier.
- Each level has a set of 4 collectibles from stamps, wool,health drops and flowers.
- Earn gems in game and use them to activate power-ups you unlock. Power up examples are things like fire doesn’t hurt you, Big yarn balls etc.
- Poochy in game will show you shortcuts and collectibles.
- Fun to play.
- Easy to pick up and play.
- Boss fights with clever mechanics.
- Multiple routes and secret areas to find.
- Doesn’t support all Amiibo.
- No multiplayer.
- Little replay ability once you finish the game.
- Few instances where the camera is too zoomed in making it hard to see.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessabilty - 8/108/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10
Poochy & Yoshi’s Woolly World is a fun little title. Marrying the Wii U game with 3DS eccentrics it is the most complete version yet. Bit of a bummer there is no local play like on the Wii U but it doesn’t subtract from the fun. Poochy & Yoshi’s Woolly World is a perfect fit for the 3DS and is well worth playing due to its solid platforming and fun mechanics.