Review: Pool Nation FX (Steam)
Pool Nation FX, the ultimate Pool Game, is a visually stunning Pool Simulation with an incredible physics engine.
- Beautiful HD graphics.
- Full controller support.
- Settings: Invert X and Y axis, Aim sensitivity, Slow mo.
- Graphic settings: Resolution, Full screen, V-Sync, Texture/FX/post process/shadow and AA quality.
- Profile: shows stats, Exp, Level and achievements.
- Steam Achievements.
- Game modes: Career, VS, Online, Artistic pool, Endurance and Practice.
- Daily bonus: Pot as many balls as you can with the given ball limit.
- Simple robust control scheme.
- Career: Tour system and you can pick from 9 Ball, 8 ball and snooker.
- Aim level: Novice, Veteran, Pro and champion. This indicates how long the line is to show you where the ball will go.
- AI Difficulty has three options: Easy, Medium and hard.
- Can customize game modes with a full on detailed set of options down to fouls and ball placement.
- UI goes for a big bright tiled affair making it clear, clean and easy to use.
- Earn cash to buy decals, Cues, Balls and have additional goes at the daily bonus event.
- So much content to unlock: 26 ball sets, 111 decals and 35 cues.
- Fast loading times.
- Career has bonus mini games.
- Each career championship has qualifiers, round 1 then quarters, semis and the final.
- Can skip AI shots.
- Trick shots: full editor, has a separate daily challenge and you can also share trickshots.
- An excellent game to help you learn the rules.
- No IAP.
- Snooker is unlocked straight away.
- Achievement pop ups can be delayed.
- Cannot customize controller.
- No birds eye view.
- Cannot save replays.
- All controls are not explained.
- The music tracks will not be to everyone’s taste.
- No proper opening tutorial for novices.
- Trick shots is very intense with a lot to take in with little explanation.