Review: Proun+ (3DS)
In Proun+ you guide a ball racing along a pipe while dodging obstacles. 5 different speeds from Relaxed to Speed of Light mean this game is suitable for both casual and hardcore gamers, so anyone can enjoy it. The levels are accompanied by great jazz-rock music specially written for Proun+. Make no mistake – this game is visually great but will be the hardest challenge of your life at top speed!
- On rails racer where you avoid obstacles and race AI.
- Buttons or tilt controls.
- Online leaderboard.
- Auto accelerate on/off.
- Five game speeds to unlock and play. Acts as the difficulty setting.
- Time trial unlocks after completing a race.
- Time trial ghosts on/off.
- 3D implementation.
- Auto saves.
- Just one more go mentality.
- Fast gameplay.
- Name entry for leaderboard.
- Relaxed and fast unlocked at the start. unlock more speed options once you finish all races in the set speed.
- Accelerate is really slow.
- Hit detection is a bit off.
- No customisable options for your racer.
- Bland landscape a lot of the time.
In Summary, The game is an alright example of an on rail racer. After just a few races you start getting the feeling that you have seen it all, The only noticeable difference between the races is the speed portion. After you have done the starting speeds, The game turns into a reaction test rather than an all out racer. I mean it does it well even if the 3D part leaves me cross eyed but still. It’s cheap, it’s a small file size and it’s something different.