Review: Psyvariar Delta (Nintendo Switch)
Psyvariar Delta is a classic shooter known for the Buzz System, where players level up by grazing enemy fire and chaining Buzz. Also included in this version are 2 HD remakes of the arcade classic Psyvariar Medium Unit and Psyvariar Revision with new additional features.
- Lush vibrant graphics.
- 479mb download size.
- Bullet hell Shmup gameplay.
- Local two-player Co-op support.
- Can rebind buttons for both players.
- Online leaderboards.
- Analog and d-pad support.
- Powerful pulse-pounding soundtrack.
- Save and watch replays.
- Proper arcade experience.
- Screen options-Rotate screen, tate mode, stretch axis sliders and menu flip as the screen moves.
- Five difficulties-very easy/easy/normal/hard/very hard.
- Can adjust starting lives, continues and bomb stock levels.
- Two ships to choose from.
- Three modes-Normal, practice and score attack.
- Three versions of the game–Med unit, Delta and Revision.
- Three soundtracks styles for each game type.
- HUD shows exp log, player status, boss status, music track, score and a window with a zoomed-in view of your ship.
- Rotate screen based on directional input-on/off.
- Shooting-tap for one type then hold for another.
- Constant action.
- Beautiful locations.
- Massive screen-filling boss fights.
- Infinite replayability thanks to the score-chasing aspect.
- No tutorial.
- Takes some adjustment to get on with the flow.
- No fullscreen option.
- Stretching the screen looks bad(probably a good thing it doesn’t have a full-screen option!).
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessibility - 8/108/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10