Review: Q.U.B.E: Director’s Cut (PS4)
Q.U.B.E: Director’s Cut is the definitive version of the brain-twisting first-person puzzler. Using special high-tech gloves to manipulate cubes in the environment
- Slick graphics.
- First person puzzle game.
- Full online leaderboard support.
- Full stats screen.
- Manipulate blocks with your gloves. Stand near or on blocks to adjust how they extend/shorten blocks.
- Simple control layout.
- Secret rooms and puzzles to find.
- Auto saves.
- Special buttons like level reset,launch items or rotate the level.
- Time attack options like race against the clock.
- Really clever level design and puzzle situations.
- Can invert control sticks.
- Small download size.
- No real tutorial section.
- Feels a bit light on content with one major puzzle basically being the level.
- You never really know what the game expects of you.
- Short game and can be clocked in a few hours.
Q.U.B.E is a fun challenging experience. Director cut brings more content and polish to an already solid little game. Looking at it from screenshots and you cannot help but assume its a Portal clone, It is not n any way. This game is all about the puzzles, No massive story just mind melting puzzles, Oh did I mention it has puzzles? I really enjoyed the game attacking it as a do a puzzle room every now and then, The puzzles were so clever and that is before I even knew about secret rooms containing more puzzles. In short if you enjoy puzzles then this is the game for you, Yes its short but the time trial stuff will keep you coming back.