Review: Rally Racers (Steam)
Rally Racers is a cartoon based Family Fun Car Racing Game with “Wacky Racer Rees” and his gang battling with his evil brother, “Droog and his henchmen”.
- Ok graphics.
- 567MB Download size.
- Steam achievements.
- Trading cards.
- Controller support.
- Graphics options-Resolution, Screen tilt, Lens effects, and auto adjust.
- Online Leaderboards.
- Five cars each with unique stats.
- 8 drivers to unlock.
- Opening tutorial races.
- Can replay levels.
- World map level select.
- Three trophies to earn in each race for position, stunt score and collecting all oranges.
- Can upgrade the car and respray it.
- Earn gems and coins in the game.
- When you unlock drivers, They stop attacking you.
- Boost- Earn boost from pickups, Collecting oranges, smashing crates and doing stunts.
- Easy to use stunt system using the right stick.
- Companions give bonuses to your driver like more boost etc.
- Easy enough control system.
- Mario Kart inspired gameplay.
- 8 companions to unlock.
- Fast loading times.
- Boss battles.
- Bad hit detection.
- Has in-app purchases for buying coins.
- Little level variety.
- Go too high or take a corner too wide and you get a reset to track pop up and it’s a short 3-second timer.
- Uninspiring items go for the usual culprits like boost, rocket launchers etc.
- Cheap AI.
- Looks bland and basic.
- Only a few songs on constant loop.
- Boring boss fights. Just a case of chasing bosses down.
- Some bad level design like bridges where you cannot take a jump and land comfortably instead giving you a brick wall.
- Ugly looking characters.
- Takes so long to earn money and feels intentional in order to sell the IAP bundles.
- Cannot move to a new race until you have earned all 3 trophies.
- Just not that fun.
- Some input lag.
- An expensive price point for what you get.
- Graphics - 4/104/10
- Sound - 2/102/10
- Accessability - 5/105/10
- Length - 4/104/10
- Fun Factor - 4/104/10
We are at the point in our gaming lives where there is many many racing kart games on the market, All vying for your attention. Here we have Rally Racers and promises a over the top stunt system and excellent arcade racer. What we actually get is a bog standard no frills racer with cheap AI and very bare stunt system, I mean it uses the right stick and all you do is get air then point a direction. What really irks me is the slow progress of building up money for new characters, Cars and companions. The solution they go for is to add in app purchases and it just stinks. To further muddy the waters you get money that rightly you put into upgrading your current car, Meaning unless you buy the bundles of cash, By the time you get a new car the stats are so crap its pointless. I cant continue with this and instead choose to leave it as a this. Rally Racers is easy enough to play and get some game from it but in the long run the game hates you.