Review: Ravva and the Cyclops Curse (Steam)
Unleash your summoning powers to defeat the Cyclops Lord! Along with four unusual companions, you must journey through a dangerous land to save your mother, who suffered a terrible curse. A challenging adventure awaits!
- 8 Bit graphics.
- Retro soundtrack.
- Puzzle platformer gameplay.
- Graphics- Resolution, and V-Sync.
- Optional tutorial.
- Steam achievements.
- Controller support.
- Gameplay- You have four familiars that you can hot-swap between. Each does different actions and you use these to solve puzzles and finish the level.
- The four familiars- Blue- Freezes enemies, Red- Shoots at an angle, Green- Does high close range damage and Yellow will show any hidden platforms/breakable blocks.
- Three lives- Game over restarts progress on that level by booting you back to the map.
- World map level select.
- Collect coins for points.
- Powerups- Invisibility and stronger attacks.
- When you die you respawn where you died instantly.
- Cool animations.
- Can replay levels.
- Short- Just a couple of hours.
- Little replay value.
- Loses its charm after a while.
- Basic graphics options.
- Little enemy variation.
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessability - 7/107/10
- Length - 6/106/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10
Ravva and the Cyclops Curse is a love letter to NES games, That much is obvious from the graphics, Playstyle and music. It does provide a solid platforming challenge and to be honest, Does have some good mechanics in terms of the familiars. The one major thing to take away is the game is very short, Yes you get told that but it really is short and is more a taster than a full game. It is fun to play despite being short and has good ideas. Just for me, the music got tired and the levels felt the same. Still worth a look as I would like to see a more fleshed out game.