Review: Rise- Race For The Future (Steam)
Experience the most addictive racing gameplay! Drift and slide like never before thanks to an exceptional fluid and precise physics-based slippery handling. Unique futuristic cars, smooth powerslides, jumps, and water zones take old-school rally arcade games to the next level of fun!
- Fantastic graphics.
- 4525MB download size.
- Controller support.
- Rise: Race The Future has VR support.
- Graphics options- resolution, display mode, monitor, refresh rate, v-sync, graphic quality presets, AA, shadows, particles, bloom and lens effects.
- Four difficulties- discovery, rookie, pro and legend.
- Two modes- challenges and arcade.
- Racing gameplay.
- A mix of Ridge Racer and Sega Rally.
- Earn boost for turbo BT drifting.
- Challenges- do particular tasks in certain cars on certain tracks. 64 Challenge races total.
- Arcade- pick a car, track, and style.
- Multiple views from the bumper, in the car to far away.
- Eight championships.
- Stunning locations.
- Time Attack mode.
- A wide range of vehicles, going for futuristic, the cars all have unique stats and abilities.
- Loose handling.
- Mud levels feel more like ice.
- The controller only does half the menu.
- No Steam achievements.
- The Ai is difficult unless they mess up then you have no chance to catch up.
- Cars including you can be taken out so easily.
Rise race for the future is a top racing game, it takes a lot of inspiration from classic racing games. It looks incredible, again you could pass it by and easily think its the latest Sega rally game. Multiple road surfaces are on offer but I did find them hard to drive on for no reason other than to piss me off. The driving is Ridge Racer on the ice, Drifting corners is just as satisfactory as it was in Ridge Racer. I wasn’t able to test out the VR but it’s not hard to imagine how it would play out. That said rise race for the future is a game with a lot of modes and cars, no real rubber banding does up the difficulty marker by a lot but never the less it’s still fun as hell.