Review: Road Redemption (Steam)
Lead your biker gang on an epic journey across the country in this epic driving combat road rage adventure. Huge campaign, dozens of weapons, and full 4-player co-op splitscreen.
- Nice crisp graphics.
- 6564MB Download size.
- Steam achievements.
- Full controller support.
- Graphic options- Resolution, Fullscreen, V-Sync and quality slider.
- Can rebind keyboard controls.
- Three modes- Campaign, Campaign+ and quick play.
- Four player splitscreen support.
- Three bikes to start with with a further 6 to unlock.
- 16 riders each with unique stats and starting weapons.
- Tutorial pop ups.
- Roguelike Road Rash inspired motorcycle game.
- Gameplay is a bike racer at the heart but you can also hit people off with weapons or kick them off.
- Earn EXP and unlcok permanent upgrades like more health or earn EXP faster etc.
- Tight combat controls.
- Very addictive.
- Easy to pick up and play.
- All events, Enemies and tracks randomise every life.
- Kill an enemy to earn EXP, Health and nitro.
- Spend cash in between events on itmes like replenish health/nitro add buffs. Anything bought here is purely a one time deal and dissapear at game over.
- Many weapon types from bats to swords to dynamite to C4. Different weapons deal different damage and have range differencies. Has the mechanic where you can knock bikers helmets off with blunt weapons, Hitting with a sharp weapon bounces off.
- Steam trading cards.
- Unlock checkpoints in campaign.
- A lot of fun to play.
- Many event types from races to time trials to boss fights or the ever so fun blowing up cars with c4 challenge.
- Has a strong just one more go mentality.
- Shortcuts and alternative routes.
- Weapon pick ups on the road.
- Three overall locations.
- A beautiful love letter to the Road Rash series.
- Cash is slow to build up.
- No way to turn the swearing or blood off.
- Cornering takes some time to get used to as it feels more like a drift than a turn.
- AI can be very erratic and go God mode or pure pleb.
- Hit detection can feel a bit off.
- Music is all about the Rock so it may not be for everyone.
- No online.
- Cannot rebind controller.
- Really easy to go off the track.
- Some parts of the environments feel barren.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessability - 9/109/10
- Length - 9/109/10
- Fun Factor - 10/1010/10
Road Rash in bed with a roguelike is not something you think could or should work. The scary thing is just how well it does indeed work. The controls are tight, The overall atmosphere is nailed and they really do smash the Road Rash vibe home. or too many years I have wanted a Road Rash game and now I have finally got a game that fills that void. To new players you will get a brutal introduction into a game series that is varied yet fun.