Review: Road to Ballhalla (PlayStation 4)
Roll and be trolled on your journey to the legendary place called Ballhalla. Follow the beat to overcome deadly hazards in sync with the music.
- Neon graphics style.
- 292.2MB Download size.
- 19 Trophies.
- Options- Easy mode and rush respawning.
- Cheat code section.
- Stats screen.
- Optional tutorial.
- Gameplay- Roll your ball through a series of mazes, Lasers move to the beat of the music, Puzzle elements throughout.
- Checkpoints are everywhere and give you health and act as a respawn point.
- Tokens are earned upon level completion and you can get up to 3 depending on if you hit the objectives. These tokens are used to unlock new ball style options.
- Objectives- Vary on each level and must be done in order to get more tokens. They can be things like collect all bits or don’t die etc.
- Find the secret areas.
- Instant respawn button.
- Has a Marble Madness feel to it.
- Simple controls- Move and a boost button.
- Your ball has a trail which is cool and 100 health which goes down as you hit obstacles like lasers.
- New mechanics and level orientations are presented over time.
- A light sprinkling of humor.
- Very simple to pick up but hard to master.
- Great time waster.
- Good brain food.
- No way to skip harder levels.
- Lacks online leaderboards.
- Little replayability once you go through the game.
- The game hates you and will troll you at every point.
- Can feel cheated at times.
- Little variation in terms of your level goals.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessability - 8/108/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
Great little brain teaser, Road to Ballhalla is a solid experience that challenges you at every roll, I found myself getting a bit fatigued towards the end as every level started to feel the same but overall it was a nice little experience which a lot of clever levels designs mixed with brain taxing obstacles. In short, its good brain food and a lot of fun to play even if it is short lived and can get a bit samey.