Review: Rocket League (PS4)
Soccer meets driving once again in the long-awaited, physics-based multiplayer-focused sequel to Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars!
- Graphics are lush, Bright with a high level of detail.
- Simple easy to use controls.
- Football game in car. Think Sensible soccer on wheels.
- Tutorial area.
- Training: Goalie, Striker and Aerial.
- Free play.
- Detailed option set: Invert camera, Camera shake on/off, FOV, Camera height/angle and distance. Camera speed and stiffness, V-Sync, Push to talk, and even turn on/off cross play.
- 11 cars to unlock.
- Cross play with PC players.
- Online leader boards with separate ranked leader board.
- Stats screen.
- Save/watch replays.
- Horizontal/Vertical splitscreen.
- Rebind controls.
- Online: unranked: 1V1, 2V2, 3V3 and 4v4. Ranked: 1V1, 2V2 and 3V3.
- Seven arenas.
- Exhibition: 1V1, 2V2, 3V3, 4V4. Difficulties: No bots, Rookie, Pro, All star and unfair.
- Garage options: Cars, Paints, Decals, Wheels, Hats and aerials.
- Over 100 unlocks in each area.
- Multi region play: Europe, US East, US West and Oceania.
- D-Pad emotes.
- Boost pads that you drive over. Bboost for speed and the ability to blow up opponents.
- Earn exp from in game scoring and level up and improve your rank.
- Perform crazy stunts and moves like bicycle kicks, aerial hits, wall riding and so much more.
- Uses DS4 speaker.
- Split-screen and be able to play online.
- Full Platinum trophy.
- Great soundtrack with brilliant sound effects.
- Sport arena atmosphere.
- No 4V4 ranked playlist.
- No clan support.
- Cross play doesnt allow you to group up with friends on other device.
- Player rank is redundant and serves no purpose at all.
- Any type of lag ruins the game experience.
In Summary, This is an awesome arcade experience. Anyone can pick up the controller and get stuck in, Its so straight forward and simple. Finally a game that sticks to the old rule of games are fun. I see the game very much like a Sensible Soccer on wheels type of deal. Nothing more needs to be said really. You get a solid fun arcade game, can be played with friends or bots, cars are awesome as are the handful of stadiums. To be honest no need to read the reviews, Go buy it.