Review: Screencheat: Unplugged (Nintendo Switch)
Inspired by the great split-screen shooters of yesteryear, Screencheat: Unplugged is a fresh take on the classic couch multiplayer you know and love!
- Cartoon graphics.
- 768MB Download size.
- Gameplay- Four player FPS and everyone is invisible and the only way to see your opponent is to look at their screen.
- Can add/remove bots.
- Four players local play support.
- Minimal loading when in game.
- Two-player split-screen options- Horizontal full, Vertical full, Vertical and horizontal normal whatever that is.
- Two game modes- Local and time trials.
- Announcer choices- Silly, Brutal, Aussie, Sassy and randomize.
- Gyro controls on/off.
- 11 maps each unique but all have four colored areas to make navigation easier.
- 10 weapons from blunderbuss to teddy bombs to a car engine!
- Game types- Party (random), Deathmatch, Gold rush (collect coins), Hill campers (king of the hill), Capture the fun (Capture the flag), Murder mystery and Juggernaut.
- 17 game mutators- Slow mo to ice to low gravity.
- Time trials- Basic or advanced. You must kill x amount of enemies in the time limit and earn up to 3 stars.
- Three bot difficulties- Easy, Normal and dream crusher.
- Easy to play.
- Unlock new weapon skins.
- Ragdoll- You character skin.
- Four control layouts but you do have a lot of options you can change.
- Game settings can be tweaked like reload time, respawns etc.
- Supports- Joycons, Handheld, and Pro controllers.
- Earn EXP from all players and level up to unlock new modes, mutators, skins and ragdolls and more.
- Long initial load.
- Community button on the main menu is just an advert for Discord.
- Pause is a press the plus button.
- No online mode.
- Options are all over the place in terms of placement. You cannot adjust much control stuff until in game for example.
- Takes a while to unlock all the game modes and maps.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessability - 9/109/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 10/1010/10
Screencheat: Unplugged is a fast-paced first-person shooter that is more fun than it should be! I mean you have to look all over the screen to find your opponent and even then it’s not guaranteed you hit them. The weapons are zany, The tension is high but the fun maxes this game out and has you really enjoying it. its a must own party game but unlike many party games, it is very playable in single player. The maps are varied and the mutators add a lot but I just wish I didn’t have such a long list of unlocks, If you are playing badly then earning EXP is slow so in turn the unlocks are slow. Aside from that, the core gameplay is solid, It runs really well even in 4 player and its so much fun.