Screencheat is a split-screen multiplayer FPS where everyone is invisible and you have to cheat to win. Remember when looking at your friends’ screen in Goldeneye was frowned upon? Well those days are gone and in Screencheat, we encourage it!
- Simple yet effective graphics. The levels look really good, Characters are bright coloured people resembling crash test dummies. Guns look fantastic. Its a game where graphics dont matter.
- Full 360 pad support.
- Video options: AA,V-Sync,Resolution, Terrain quality and overall graphic quality.
- Game options are plentiful: Split screen type for 2 player games, example being vertical or horizontal. Other options include colourblind mode,Field of view, convention mode and announcer voice style.
- Online/Local 4 player.
- Huge selection of weapons ranging from rifles to grenade launchers, even candlesticks and exploding teddy bears get included!
- Handful of levels like garden,helix and a museum.
- Nice selection of gametypes:
- My First Deathmatch: Just straight up deathmatch.
- Hill campers: Stand in the hill to score points, Hill respawns randomly.
- One shot only: Only reload once everyone has fired or the timer resets.
- Murder mystery: Get a set of three cards, One is your target, weapon to use and how many points you get. This mode encourages less shooting and more screen cheating!
- Capture the fun: Hold onto the pinata to score points.
- Party mode: Chooses a random game type.
- Game play settings can be tweaked for every mode and allows you to set things like: score limit,time limit and what weapons are available.
- Pick a weapon at spawn.
- Maps are split into 4 colored sections to help with finding your opponents.
- Fast furious and above all, Fun game play.
- Full Steam integration like achievements and Trading Cards.
- Gameplay evolves around the fact that you cannot see your opponents and must look at their screen to locate them and shoot them.
- Best played as a four player game.
- Needs a lot more crazy announcer quotes and shout outs.
- No video recording or replays is a bit of a missed opportunity.
- No AI bots or single player training areas.
- Cannot change key bindings.
- No ping indicators in lobbies.
- Some levels can feel a bit flat.
In Summary, This game is brilliant fun! It has so much potential to be the next crazy game Youtubers love. More maps and modes and team based modes could easily push the game into MLG rank playlists. Its such a simple idea but works so very well. Retro fans will have memories of Goldeneye mp screen cheating, New players will now find out what screencheating is! But most of all this game will bring all sets/types of players together. I like how accessible and fun it is and is a game best played with friends so you can direct your abuse at the right person. Job well done and worth your money any day of the week!