It’s Arkanoid but not as we know it. Giving us HD graphics, a banging soundtrack and weapons. This is Arkanoid grown up and ready to play.
- Simple gameplay giving us a fresh take on the Arkanoid genre
- Lush, vibrant HD graphics
- Change the way the projectile works with a blow and suck mechanic
- Get pick ups such as weapons and extra lives
- Collect broken shards to charge up a super cannon to help break the remaining blocks
- Online leaderboard support
- Good soundtrack
- 3D animated backdrops
- Nice paced campaign mode boasting over 7 hours of play time dependent on skill
- Unlock boss mode where you look to set the best clear time defeating just the bosses
- Blocks in-game are physics based meaning it can all get a bit crazy later on
- Levels can be really small and chaotic
- Boss battles are annoying and at the same time quite cheap
- Can still suffer from the annoying, “Cant hit the last block” syndrome
In summary this is a really nice to play. The leaderboards keep you coming back for more as you do high score runs. It’s such a nice game to look at and indeed play.