Review: Skyworld (PlayStation VR)
Claim command over the VR battlefield! Skyworld puts you at the helm of a kingdom at war in VR. Put the power of your own full army – even dragons – at your fingertips, conquer all the Skyworlds!
- Big chunky graphics.
- 8.91gb download size.
- Platinum trophy.
- Two move controllers.
- 4 modes- campaign, skirmish, mp, and challenges.
- 3 difficulties-easy, normal and hard.
- Leaderboard support.
- Tower defense like gameplay.
- A main circular table that you can grab and rotate. Flips over as you enter different areas.
- Controls–you have two hands and also act as a pointer.
- Tutorial support.
- Physical menu system. You press and move levers to navigate.
- Good voice acting.
- Big boss fights.
- Combat is easy to pick up and with the cutesy animation, really look good.
- Easy to use point and grab system for managing the land like building and man management.
- Takes inspiration from a clash of clans in relation to the combat.
- Quick to pick up.
- Decent story.
- Menus whilst fun do feel claustrophobic.
- Ai difficulty spikes especially with boss fights.
- Had the tracking constantly going out and needing to be reset.
- Slow starter as you have a lot to take in.
- Graphics - 9/109/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessibility - 8/108/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 9/109/10
Skyworld is a fun VR game. I mean I had lots of tracking issues but I cannot put the blame on the game fully, maybe it’s the tightly compacted menus that threw me off and made me feel too close to it all? Anyway, the game is like a tower defense man management sim. Using the two move controllers means you can easily grab or point at everything and that alone makes everything feel smooth. I just loved watching fights play out or everyone going about their business, the table is a cool idea and again keeps everything comp at good or bad. For a VR experience, it is very deep and does offer a lot of gameplay.