Review: Slayin 2 (Nintendo Switch)
Unravel ancient mysteries, defeat legendary bosses and discover hidden areas while you explore the world of Slayin 2.
- Beautiful pixel art graphics.
- 126mb download size.
- Can rebind controls.
- 2D action brawler gameplay.
- Tutorial option.
- Co-op mode. (local only)
- Two modes-Story and Arcade.
- Arcade-1/2 player, pick if its 1 or 2 planes. The mode is run based and you can use any unlocked characters.
- Plane of land-jump between them with a button press.
- Story-world map level select, unlock new characters and weapons, rebuild the town to add more shops.
- Can replay levels.
- Earn EXP and level up to increase stats.
- Secrets to be found.
- Loot and food drop from enemies and heals you.
- Keys can drop randomly that open chests.
- Boss battles.
- Combat-you auto-attack and can do special moves and jump.
- Game is played on planes of landside to side.
- Combo counter-higher the score the better the loot and food heal you.
- Sparks-builds with attacks and charges your special move.
- Very approachable.
- Fun to play.
- Highly addictive.
- Can upgrade weapons and stats.
- No touchscreen support.
- No online interactions.
- The screen can get really busy and make it hard to make your character out.
- Slow burner.
- No variation of the gameplay.
- Has a huge element of grinding to it.
- Graphics - 9/109/10
- Sound - 9/109/10
- Accessibility - 8/108/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
Slayin 2 initially had me wondering what the point of it was, I mean you just jump between planes and attack enemies and scoop up loot. It all sounds plain and kinda uneventful. Whilst all that is true something mysterious happens, you land up playing hours upon hours of it without blinking, the game is slow-paced in terms of unlocks and upgrades but once you get one it’s so satisfying and you then plow another 2 hours into the game. The premise may be simple but the hook for unlocks and progressing the story is real. I still play a few rounds every day because even though I’m always underpowered for new level fights, any play slowly increases my stats. Slayin 2 is very approachable, very addictive but most of very fun.