Review: Slime San (Nintendo Switch)
There’s no time to stay still as you’re chased by a wall of stomach acid around every corner! Make your way through cracked walls and surfaces, bust through brittle obstacles with a speedy dash, slime to slow down and speed up time.
- Pixel graphics.
- Lush colour palette.
- Looks like a up market Commodore game.
- 740MB Download size.
- Puzzle platform runner style gameplay.
- Classic chiptune soundtrack.
- Collect coins and apples in levels for currency and unlocks.
- Camera- Can zoom in and out.
- 2D side scroller.
- Unlock and use side art.
- Multiple routes and secret areas.
- Actions- Jump, Pass through green slime, Dash and slow time or speed up time.
- End of level breakdown-Jumps, Super jumps, Dashes, Time taken, collectibles and the trophy time times.
- Grain effect on or off.
- Colourblind support.
- Easy to get into.
- Unlock new characters and skins.
- Tons of replayability.
- Humourous interactions.
- Hub world is massive with many rooms and locations to explore and shops to find.
- Unlock mini games.
- Online leaderboards.
- New game plus.
- Boss rush mode.
- Speedrunners delight.
- Text/screen looks a bit smushed up with the side art taking up a lot of space.
- No touchscreen.
- Puffs of smoke in game can hinder your view.
- Slow loading times in places.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessability - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
- Length - 9/109/10
Slime San is jam packed full of content. It combines the speed and fury of Super Meat Boy but the depth and replay ability of a game like N+. It is a joy to play and with so much to do you really are never left needing more. The speed runners among you will love the style where as the completionists out there will love all the unlocks and secrets. The hub is a game in itself with loads to explore. Its a perfect fir for the Switch and a must play title. Caution may cause anger.