Review: Slime-san: Superslime Edition (PlayStation 4)
There’s no time to stay still as you’re chased by a wall of stomach acid around every corner! Make your way through cracked walls and surfaces, bust through brittle obstacles with a speedy dash, slime to slow down and speed up time.
- Pixel graphics.
- Lush color palette.
- Looks like an upmarket Commodore game.
- 1.51GB Download size.
- Platinum trophy.
- Puzzle platform runner style gameplay.
- Classic chiptune soundtrack.
- Can rebind controls.
- Tutorial level.
- Four campaigns with each having a unique set of levels and themes, Hubs etc. Slime-San, Sheeples sequel, Super slime and Blackbirds Kraken.
- Collect coins and apples in levels for currency and unlocks.
- Camera- Can zoom in and out.
- 2D side-scroller.
- Visual options- RGB sliders, Grain FX, and eyestrain settings.
- Multiple routes and secret areas.
- Actions- Jump, Pass-through green slime, Dash and slow time or speed up time.
- End of level breakdown-Jumps, Super jumps, Dashes, Time taken, collectibles and the trophy time times.
- Colorblind support.
- Test room.
- Easy to get into.
- Many mechanics at play- From walls, you can fall through to wall jumping to dashes, Jump[ dashes and more, The gameplay itself is really smart coupled with top-notch level design.
- Unlock new characters and skins.
- Tons of replayability.
- Collectibles hidden, Unlocks new skins and unlocks.
- Humourous interactions.
- Hub world is massive with many rooms and locations to explore and shops to find.
- Unlock classic mini-games for genres like a shmup, Karting, ARPG, Pong, and Sheeples. These mini-games are really well done and so much fun to play. Also supports local multiplayer.
- Online Leaderboards.
- Random level generator.
- New game plus.
- Boss rush mode.
- Speedrunners delight with a speedrun option.
- Text/screen looks a bit smushed up with the side art taking up a lot of space.
- Puffs of smoke in the game can hinder your view.
- Slow loading times in places.
- Graphics - 9/109/10
- Sound - 9/109/10
- Accessability - 9/109/10
- Length - 9/109/10
- Fun Factor - 9/109/10
By far the best version of this game. When you add in all the expansion like extras complete with new hubs and themes, You still have the base game and a handful of really well-made mini-games. It truly is a game that keeps on giving. So much time and effort have gone into the game and you can see and feel it. For me, this is not only the definitive version but also when of the best games in the world….To stress you the f**k out! For all its cuteness hides a devilishly tough platformer, Yes its rewarding but finally finishing a level after hours of swearing and hitting walls will not fix the damage, But it will feel good. In short, you should buy this game even if you already have it, This is the best fun.