Review: Spyro Reignited Trilogy (PlayStation 4)
The original roast master is back! Same sick burns, same smoldering attitude, now all scaled up in stunning HD. Spyro is bringing the heat like never before in the Spyro Reignited Trilogy game collection.
- Cartoon HD graphics.
- 67.48GB Download size.
- Three Platinum trophy lists. One for each game.
- 3D adventure platform gameplay.
- Camera- Action or passive. Either way, you can control it with the right stick.
- Overall percentage with a breakdown per world and per game.
- Minimap on/off.
- Loading screens are an interactive affair, You can move Spyro around and breathe fire.
- Two control layouts- Reignited and retro.
- Guidebook- Shows your stats and what you need to do on individual levels and world.
- Fast travel within the guidebook.
- Each world has its own hub world you are free to roam.
- Many enemy types.
- Can play any game in any order at any time.
- Collect gems in the game.
- Secret areas and pathways.
- Levels are big and encourage exploratoin.
- Each level has gems and an egg you must find.
- Can replay levels.
- Really easy to get into.
- All Dragons have been completely reworked and all look and sound unique.
- Rescue Dragons for advice/completition and a checkpoint.
- The cutscenes can be skipped.
- The whole presentation is really good and play and looks like an animated show.
- Decent voice work.
- Never feels like it saved.
- Longtime respawning.
- Get a lot of slowdowns even on the Pro.
- No tutorials.
- Above average loading screens.
- No subtitles.
- Lacks difficulty options, More aimed towards younger players.
- Graphics - 9/109/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessability - 8/108/10
- Length - 9/109/10
- Fun Factor - 9/109/10
Yes, people, Here we go again another classic title from the past is back and apparently, it has been remastered. Sounds familiar right? Well saying it about one game is one thing but doing all 3 is next level. Ok so immediately the graphics will hit you, It looks like a straight up Saturday morning TV show. It sounds and looks lurvly. I didn’t plow a lot of time into the originals but I can tell you the controls are a lot more modern with camera control on the right stick, More responsive button presses etc. Levels are wide open and full of exploration. and I must say the story is just so video-gamey its crazy. I mean its kind of incoherent and not very easy to justify but man it doesn’t matter, It was a different time and who would play this for a story? Ok so let’s get to the conclusion, The game is completely reworked and looks like a modern new title as opposed to a remastered old title. Anyone can jump in and have fun with the game, Its pure arcade platforming nirvana. I wish It had better loading times and subtitles but eh I’ll take what I got cos it is pretty great!