Review: Star Ghost (Nintendo Switch)
Navigate the perilous fragments of exploding planets, survive intense asteroid fields and dogfight with deadly Sentinel ships as you defend against the relentless onslaught of the formidable Metagon empire.
- Nice graphics.
- 178MB Download size.
- Shoot em up gameplay.
- Ship auto shoots, Use thrusters to move up and release to go down.
- One life.
- Collect credits to buy upgrades at the end of each section.
- Collect resources to enable and increase fire rate, Fire spread, Shields and traction field. They all slowly degrade over time but you can top it up.
- Short levels with a checkpoint in between them, Here you spend credits on resources and you can try hit the cluster of bonus credits.
- End of level breakdown based on a 1-3 star system and cover shields, Pickups and kills.
- Arcadey sounding track list.
- Local leaderboard.
- Simple one button controls.
- Score multiplier.
- Many enemy types.
- Virus- Pick it up and lose the use of your guns.
- Tons of replayability.
- Levels randomise enemy spawns so it is a different game every time.
- 12 systems to explore with multiple levels within each.
- Fun to play.
- Pick up and play.
- No touchscreen support.
- Lacks an online leaderboard for score chasers.
- Missed a trick not doing a tate mode.
- No way to save mid-game.
- Some levels are really short.
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessability - 8/108/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10
A fun little shooter with bags of charm, Very short lived and one for the odd go here and there. Could have really exploded with a online leaderboard for score chasers and that. All in all, it is a nice little game that sadly lacks any real long-term value.