Review: Stardust Galaxy Warriors: Stellar Climax (Nintendo Switch)
SGW: Stellar Climax is an engaging 1-4 player couch co-op action shooter game, combining SHMUP and Brawler-like gameplay with light RPG elements. Choose from different game modes, gameplay settings, mechs, weapons and upgrades to customize your experience freely. Soar through space, defeat evil and save the future… from itself!
- Nice detailed graphics.
- 575MB Download size.
- Options- Rumble, damage numbers, hitbox opacity, environmental effects, hold to melee and battery saving mode.
- Has its own in-game achievements.
- Four modes-Campaign, Gauntlet, Strike and challenge.
- Difficulties-12 of them with 11 actual difficulties then 1 custom.
- 1-4 player local support.
- Five characters each with unique moves and tech.
- Loadout- Can change out weapons on each slot.
- Earn credits in the game.
- In campaign at the end of each level pick from 3 upgrades.
- Big boss fights.
- Achievements pop up on screen.
- Retro arcade atmosphere.
- Clear easy to learn controls.
- Bite-sized levels.
- Campaign- Blocks of levels with a story and continues.
- Gauntlet- Arcade endless mode.
- Strike- Endless mode with purchasable upgrades.
- Challenge- Pre designed challenges.
- Shmup gameplay with bullet hell elements.
- A dozen or so areas to play in, Each looking better than the last.
- Christmas level! and a challenge.
- Can melee enemies as well as shoot.
- Fast frantic action.
- Up to 49 unique weapon combinations.
- New game plus support.
- Battery saving mode sets the game to 30fps.
- No real tutorial.
- Choice overload in terms of difficulties.
- No leaderboard support.
- No touchscreen support.
- Short campaign.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessability - 9/109/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
Ok ever fancied playing an arcade perfect shooter like R-Type but with your friends? Cool. Ever fancied playing said game but also tweak and change your ship in many possibilities? Excellent. For what we have here is all of that along with themed challenges, Christmas levels and all of this can be done with up to 3 friends with you! Stardust Galaxy Warriors: Stellar Climax gives total control over difficulties including custom. Each difficulty gets a full breakdown of what changes which is handy. The campaign is short, Just 10 levels but the story is funny and you get the new game plus allowing you to replay but keeping all your weapons. Really surprised how fun the game was and it is a solid shooter, No doubt and with local mp support its an excellent game for a group of shmup fans. Stardust Galaxy Warriors: Stellar Climax is a blast to play in solo or as a group.