Review: Super Blackjack Battle 2 Turbo Edition – The Card Warriors (Nintendo Switch)
Only the best will fly to Vegas to challenge the Godfather himself in a final match, not knowing that the tournament itself is nothing more than a charade to hide a ruthless master plan to defeat the competing clan family…
- Pixel art graphics.
- 978MB Download size.
- Four game modes- Single-player combat, Simply Blackjack, Vs ranked and world championship.
- 12 Characters total with 10 to start and 2 to unlock.
- The appearance, Style and indeed music is a homage to the early Street fighter games.
- 4 player local mp support. Can also play 2 players with 2 AI spots.
- Controller- Can share a Joycon or split them.
- 12 Stages.
- Fun to play.
- Easy to pick up.
- Single player combat is your arcade mode where you fly around fighting all comers. Ten locations to visit each with unique tables.
- Each game of SP combat is played over 10 rounds.
- If you run out of chips offline, You get to play a wheel of fortune style mini-game to earn some more chips to continue playing.
- When waiting for matchmaking, You play alone against the house for fun.
- Very well presented game.
- Clear on-screen prompts and help.
- Even people who don’t know how to play can get enjoyment.
- No tutorials.
- Music can grate after a while as even though its cool, There aren’t many tracks.
- No touchscreen support.
- No online mode.
- Lacks leaderboard support.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessability - 7/107/10
- Length - 6/106/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
Super Blackjack Battle 2 Turbo Edition is a fun game, It plays well and looks nice but after a few games, you kind of see everything on offer. The only draw to come back would be to use it as a time waster. So much went into making it feel and look like Streetfighter that it missed a few bits that keep it different. I mean a custom game mode and a tutorial would have been nice as well as a difficulty setting so new players could break it in slowly. As it stands then its a decent enough distraction but it won’t be a game you play a lot. Really wish you got online or at least leaderboard support. A fantastic idea but needs more content.