Review: Super Neptunia RPG (PlayStation 4)
Neptune, stricken with amnesia, awakes in a mysterious world where 2D reigns supreme. With a little help from her friends, Neptune embarks on a journey to regain her memory, save the world, and 3D games as we know it.
- Anime graphics.
- 3.51gb download size.
- Japanese or English voice option.
- Platinum trophy.
- Tutorials throughout.
- 2D RPG gameplay.
- Text speed-auto, skip and fast forward.
- Orchestral soundtrack.
- Optional side quests.
- Can see enemies and hitting them first gets you a bonus pre-emptive strike.
- Save points-also used as fast travel points.
- Earn EXP and level up to increase stats.
- Combat-AP fills over time and when full you can attack.
- Break attack-builds over the fight and allows you to do a mega attack.
- Recruit new party members who have their own ap generation times.
- Party management can be done on the fly whilst in battle.
- Slow starter.
- The slowdown happens a lot.
- Can’t quit/abandon side quests.
- The clunky menu that is especially highlighted with how it handles inventory and side quest management.
- No quick select buttons.
- Far apart check/save points.
- Slow to actually save.
- Combat does feel more like a button masher than the usual combat style of the series.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10