Review: Super Wiloo Demake (PlayStation 4)
Roll, fly, jump, and shoot your way across a variety of different platforming levels using unique power-ups to reach the end of the level. Can you defeat all 5 bosses and rescue your buddy.
- 8bit influenced graphics.
- Stackable platinum trophy list.
- Cross-buy with PlayStation Vita.
- Platformer gameplay.
- Collect coins.
- Three difficulties.
- S coins- collect 3 in a level and are used to open new levels.
- Suits-become a bee or a unicorn and get new abilities like double jump, flight or the ability to shoot.
- World map level select.
- Five worlds with ten levels in each.
- Kill enemies by jumping on them or shooting.
- Simple gameplay.
- Bonus stage-memory card mini-game.
- Interactive credits screen.
- Easy Platinum trophy.
- Same tune over and over.
- Very simple level design.
- No replayability.
- Little to no level variation.
- An odd slowdown in places.
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10
As a platformer Super Wil0o is a game that doesn’t break the mould or really push the genre forward in any meaningful way. It’s a shame sure but it is still a game you can enjoy albeit for a short time and get a stack of trophies for very little effort. It looks like an NES game and plays like an early NES platformer, collect coins, find new abilities and finish the level. The suits are a thing that is nice to have but not must have and sometimes it even feels like they are out of place. Overall it is a fun hour or so but instantly forgettable.