Review: Superhot (PlayStation 4)
Blurring the lines between cautious strategy and unbridled mayhem, SUPERHOT is the FPS in which time moves only when you move. No regenerating health bars. No conveniently placed ammo drops. It’s just you, outnumbered and outgunned, grabbing the weapons of fallen enemies to shoot, slice, and maneuver through a hurricane of slow-motion bullets.
- Crisp minimalist graphics.
- 2.96GB Download size.
- Uses DS4 light bar.
- Shooter gameplay.
- Tutorial support.
- Platinum trophy.
- The game only moves when you do causing a lot of slow motion action!
- End of level replay with an editor.
- Integrated with PS4 share button allowing you to quickly upload clips to Twitter, Youtube etc.
- Menu is laid out like an old school file directory. Click a folder to go up or down a level then click the .exe file to boot the option. Its all very slick.
- Sensitivity and invert control options.
- Crazy little extras hidden in the menu from Ascii style art to playable mini games like a wood cutter one where you jump from side to side to cut a tree down and avoid the enemy. You can even find videos.
- Short levels.
- Easy controls.
- Can shoot, Punch and throw items at enemies.
- Really enjoyable.
- Atmospheric and engaging.
- Clever level design.
- Satisfying combat.
- Almost puzzle like in its execution. You need to remember where your threats are, The order you need to take them out.
- Instant restart button.
- Story is actually very good.
- Can play how you want in level if you so wish.
- Banging soundtrack.
- Difficulty spikes.
- Restarting has an annoying small loading screen.
- At times it feels like time moves at a faster rate than advertised.
- Short game and can be clocked in a few hours.
- No real variation in the enemies.
- Could be described as a interactive shooting gallery.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessability - 8/108/10
- Length - 6/106/10
- Fun Factor - 9/109/10
Superhot is a lot of fun and is refreshing to play, It has a very limited life span but the time you do play it, You feel like a right Neo style badass whooshing and ducking and rolling around dodging gun fire. The mini games are fun, The levels are clever and varied. I liked the game for being different and opening up the fps genre, I just wish it had more game in it.