Review: Superhot (PlayStation VR)
SUPERHOT VR brings the visceral action of SUPERHOT directly into your head and soul. And now also – directly into your PSVR.
- Crisp minimalist graphics.
- 3.50GB Download size.
- Platinum trophy.
- Uses two Move controllers.
- Opening and ongoing tutorial support.
- The game only moves when you do causing a lot of slow motion action!
- Short levels.
- Easy controls.
- Can shoot, Punch and throw items at enemies.
- Really enjoyable.
- Atmospheric and engaging.
- Clever level design.
- Satisfying combat.
- Almost puzzle like in its execution. You need to remember where your threats are, The order you need to take them out.
- The game feels really nice with the whole look everywhere.
- Ramps up the awesome in VR.
- Story is good.
- Decent soundtrack.
- Difficulty spikes.
- You have to play a certain amount of a level in order to hit a checkpoint otherwise you are repeating large sections.
- Not as generous with the options like the base game. No fancy menu layouts or share functionality.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessability - 7/107/10
- Length - 6/106/10
- Fun Factor - 10/1010/10
I still maintain Superhot VR is one of the best VR shooting experiences on PSVR. You just cannot beat the feeling of smashing a guy in the face, Catching his gun mid air and spinning around and shooting his mate in the head. Dodging bullets, Taking in your surroundings and putting people down. The game will keep you on your toes. Again though like the base game, It is very short and will then only likely be used for a showpiece for VR. But who cares really, You get your monies worth for the experience.